I started the blog as an online memoir of my unusual life, and the crazy events and aspirations that led up to me ultimately moving to China.
The podcast is a natural extension of this idea, except instead of me being the focus, the spotlight is on the wide range of guests I find who share THEIR dreams, goals, successes and failures, their best advice and their greatest fears as they pursue their own China stories.
Please take a look around the BLOG page, check out a few episodes on the LISTEN page, CONTACT me or learn even more ABOUT the show, and if you want to SUPPORT the show, you can DONATE in any amount you like by using the PayPal button or scanning the WeChat QR code provided.
Thanks for visiting, and I hope you enjoy the show!
PREVIOUS SHOW GUESTS INCLUDE:
- Loren Heinold: Venture capitalist, serial co-founder. Co-owner of Q-Mex, Mantra, Baozza!, others. Moved from Beijing to Dali to focus on food security and bringing sustainable farming to China.
- Jennifer Hsiung: Canadian-born and raised TV host, reporter and producer for CCTV / CGTN. Standup comedian. And busy mother of 3 who somehow makes it all work.
- Benjamin Saphiro: English poet and painter. Rock and roll singer, general provocateur, lover of and philosopher about Chinese culture. China's answer to Banksy.
- Steve Hoffman: Legend. Early-stage investor in countless tech companies. Founder/CEO of Founders Space, a leading Silicon Valley incubator and accelerator, which he's now expanded throughout China.
- Steve Barr: Former Hollywood screenwriter/exec, New Zealand resident, and "China guy". Has made countless trips to China to write or produce films for Chinese companies. Smart, intuitive, and reflective.
- Dominic Johnson-Hill: TV personality. Founder of iconic Beijing streetwear brand Plastered 8. Credited with single-handedly kickstarting the revival of NanLuoGuXiang, and taking Chinese street art international.
- Matthew Knowles: Film actor and TV host, singer, star. The first foreigner ever admitted to Beijing Film Academy's Acting program. Star of ASURA (2018), upcoming $100M+ USD Chinese fantasy film.
- Jesse Appell: Came to China on a Fulbright Scholarship to study xiangsheng under master Ding Laoshi. Has performed Chinese comedy around the world. Founder of the US-China Comedy Center. Rising comedy star.
- Coca Xie: A "reverse laowai" guest. Masters in Journalism from USC. Popular bilingual host / producer in US. Hosted 2017 Oscars red carpet for Mango TV. CEO of China Entertainment Group, Beverly Hills.